2019 Free Entry Dates at U.S. National Parks
The U.S. National Parks are a forgotten wonder for most. Americans take them for granted. Tourists flock to atrocities such as Las Vegas or Orlando. The beauty is lost on many of the last few generations. The accessibility is lost on the older generations. It saddens me.
The park system is doing its part to improve access and visitation. It is already reasonable to buy an annual park pass that will get you into all of them for a year. Now, for 2019, they have also added five “free entry” days.
- January 21, 2019 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- April 20, 2019 (first day of National Park Week)
- August 25, 2019 (National Park Service’s birthday)
- September 28, 2019 (National Public Lands Day)
- November 11, 2019 (Veterans Day)
Respect for the parks and nature in general is lacking. Take your kids. Take your parents. Take yourself. Get out there and visit these amazing venues and learn something new. Ask and answer some important questions:
- Why was this place designated?-
- When was it designated?
- Who was the beautiful human who preserved this slice of America for us to enjoy?
If you have an experience you’d like to share, let us know!